MAR GREGORIOS ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN STUDENT MOVEMENT (M.G.O.C.S.M)

HISTORY

History of the MGOCSM (Mar Gregorios Orthodox Christian Student Movement) In the early parts of the 20th century, students and senior leaders of the Church felt an urge to further their spiritual life and create a lively fellowship for all the Christian students in the various colleges and high schools. 

 

In 1907, the Syrian Student Conference was formed. On January 1, 1907, the Syrian Student Conference had its first conference at Balikamadom School, Tiruvalla, Kerala. For years after that, the Syrian Student Conference continued to offer the conference annual as a regular feature for years after that. In 1960, the Syrian Student Conference changed its name to Mar Gregorios Orthodox Christian Student Movement and adopted the motto “Worship-Study-Service.” 

 

Since then, the movement continued to grow to become the oldest Christian Student Organization in India and has expanded to many different nations around the world. MGOCSM maintains interdisciplinary contacts in the academic field for a long time by the formation of its various wings. They are the College student’s wing, High school student’s wing, University teachers Association, Medical Auxiliary Technical Auxiliary, Missionary forum, Literary forum, Publication wing, etc.

ACTIVITIES 

Once a month MGOSCM members of St. Mary’s Orthodox Church Altanta conduct a Bible Study. In addition to Bible Study, there is a focus on pressures and challenges facing the youth in our community. The open dialogue allows the youth to share their own experiences and receive advice to overcome their obstacles from not only a spiritual perspective but from older active members of the organization. MGOSCM members also interact in various activities such as Community Service, Recreation (Sports, movies, dinner, etc.), Church maintenance, and sales to raise funds for the church and MGOCSM activities. This is an effort to build positive relationships and instill a responsibility of giving back to the community. 

Contact Information

 

St. Mary's Orthodox Church

1950 Old Alabama Rd. 

Roswell, GA 30076

 

Phone: (404)-849-0796

 

Diocese Website

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey YouTube Icon

Ora Pro Nobis